Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Piano makeover

After bringing our new couch home it was clear our very old (1890 something) upright piano needed to be spruced up a bit- no allot.
So I tried a great tip I found on Pinterest.com. I polished it with a mixture of oil and vinegar, ¾ cup vegetable oil and ¼ cup vinegar. No excessive rubbing I just rubbed it on as I would any furniture polish.
Halfway done, wow what a difference!

It put a great shine on it, darkened the dark in the wood and brought out gold highlights I didn’t even know were there. I was worried that it might dry sticky and all the dust would stick to it but it didn’t. It’s 4 days later and it is still all shiny and beautiful.

The blog I found it linked to on Pinterest.com is
http://missmustardseed.com/2010/06/oil-vinegar-not-just-for-salads/

1 comment: